You’re a junior or senior either majoring in english or PR and want to get a fast track into the publishing industry. My book, The Ultralight Startup , launches this spring. It’s published by Penguin Publishing, an imprint of Pearson, one of the world’s largest publishers in the world. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get fast tracked into the world of book publishing whether you are an aspiring editor, author, or publicist. More about the role and how to apply are below!
More About Myself And The Book…
Book Description From The Jacket
The Ultralight Startup is the book I wish I had when I was starting out five years ago. The Ultralight Startup offers a surefire plan for building an astoundingly successful tech startup for anyone with nothing more than a good idea and a lot of passion. It’s easier than ever before to launch a startup, but in a world where barriers to entry virtually nonexistent and everyone wants to be the next Facebook, competition is fierce. To win, you have to outsmart, outdo, and outshine everyone else. But if you’re just starting out and lack the money and clout to make an automatic splash, how do you differentiate yourself from all the rest?
Time commitment: 1-2 days a week working out of the Onswipe NYC offices. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in NYC, so you will learn a lot about business as well.
- Helping work with the media to promote the book.
- Helping liaison with Penguin on book promotion.
- Helping liaison with Penguin on any logistics of the book launch.
- Helping coordinate an east coast college tour.
- Helping schedule a launch event in New York City.
- Helping work with influential authors, entrepreneurs, and VCs.
- Managing social media and blog accounts for the book.
- Helping run contests and promotion such as “meeting the VCs”.
What I’m Looking For
- NYC Based.
- An English or PR major that is outgoing and well spoken.
- Very familiar with Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.
- You are a blogger and writer yourself.
- You are plugged into the NYC startup community in some fashion.
- More of a hustler than anything else.